Sweatshop Southern Athletics League: Division 1 – Round 1 – Dartford – 16 April 2016
The main event last weekend was the first Southern Athletics League match at Dartford.
There weren’t many great performances because the conditions were poor. It was cold, wet, windy and most people were covering a lot of events. Walton finished fourth with 153 points to Norwich (171), Basingstoke (181.5) and the hosts Dartford (221.5). Walton had two A-string winners with Tait winning the pole vault and Sophie winning the shot putt, discus and hammer throws. Valuable B-string wins included Tait in the discus and javelin, Craig and Debbie in the pole vault, Greg (long jump), Bernhard (hammer) and Lizzie (100m).
- Lizzie Amos ran the 100m, 200m & 400m in 13.5, 27.6 & 62.4 as did Susie McLoughlin in 13.1, 27.0 and 60.3 as well as running the 1500m.
- Jo Locker started the day with the 400m hurdles, then ran 2:27 for 800, 5:10 for 1500, a 7:51 steeplechase and also high jumped and ran a leg of the 4 x 100m relay.
- Sarah Burke ran the 800m and 400m hurdles in 2:54 and 68.4.
- Jo Regan competed in the 100m hurdles, high jump, long and triple jump, and Debbie Singleton competed in five events with both jumps, the shot putt, hammer and pole vault adding 11 points.
- Cath Marcus ran her first SAL race, 3000m in 13:09, with Ruth Bartosik running the B string.
- Tait Jones won the pole vault in 2.60 and the B discus with 34.98, and Sophie Mace won the shot putt with 11.08, the discus with 41.68 and the hammer with 45.51, and both competed in the javelin.
- Martin Norman was the busiest on the men’s side. He ran both hurdles the steeplechase and the 400m, high jumped, triple jumped and did both relays.
- Fraser McAllister ran 12.2 for 100m, 24.8 for 200m and did both relays. Robbie Prance ran 400m and both relays. Adam McCarthy competed in the short and long hurdles, threw the shot putt and the discus.
- Matt ran 2:06 for 800m and 4:17 for 1500m, then ran the steeplechase and a leg of the 4 x 400m relay.
- Duncan was well placed in the 800m with 300m to go when he had to pull up with a hamstring strain.
- James Bartosik ran the 1500m, and in the 5000m Rob Marcus ran 17.59 and Chris de Mauny ran a pb of 18:09.5 (as well as track judging).
- Stuart Channon ran the 100m in 11.9 and 200m in 24.5, and jumped 5.55 in the long jump.
- Bernhard Jongejan scored some good points in the throws, throwing 42.70 in the javelin, 32.40 in the hammer and 29.15 in the discus.
- Craig Timmings jumped 1.50 in the high jump and 2.40 in the pole vault, supporting Greg Conlon who vaulted 3.70, losing on count-back, and jumping 5.38 to win the B-long jump and 11.89 for 2nd in the triple.
- Rob Smith threw the hammer 42.20 and the javelin 27.45.