Membership renewals for 2018 have been sent out this week to all current Walton AC members via email. Please contact Tim Grose if you have not received an email, as it is important that our membership database is up to date.
The process and categories of membership have changed a little for 2018, in part due to the move to the new facility. Therefore, please review the information in the following text, which is a copy of the information sent via email, carefully.
New and prospective members should join via the 2018 new members form available here
Walton AC Membership Details for 2018
Following the move to our new home at Waterside Drive the committee has taken the opportunity to review and simplify the club memberships options for 2018 which will take effect from 1st Jan.
• Full membership of the club is £100 per year for all age groups.
• For this you will be able to train at the track at Waterside Drive for no additional fees during club training times (see website for details) and compete as an England Athletics registered athlete.
• Full members who want to use our gym room at Waterside Drive can do so for an additional £50 per year, subject to undertaking an induction session.
• Please note that new members must purchase a vest for £15.
We will be managing memberships using the England Athletics myAthletics portal. All existing members should already have an England Athletics account and we recommend that you login and check your contact details are up to date. New members should complete the new membership form on the Walton AC website and email it to Tim to get set up.
To rejoin the club for 2018 please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your name and attach a photo for your new membership card (see details below). Please state whether you would like gym access.
The club can no longer accept cheques or cash so all payment must be made via online banking to:
Walton Athletic Club, Santander, Account Number: 35703082 Sort Code: 09-01-55
We hope that you are looking forward to an exciting 2018 for the club. If you have any questions or need help accessing the myAthletics portal please ask.
Access to Waterside Drive
• Members will need to carry a Walton AC membership card to gain access to the track at Waterside Drive at the club training times. The photo can be taken by a smart phone camera but needs to be head and shoulders only and at least 1MB.
• A new card will be issued each year once membership has been paid. If you lose your card, a replacement will cost £2 to cover the cost of production of individual cards.
• The photos will only be used for the membership card.
• The cards will be available for collection at Waterside Drive.
• Club members wishing to train on the track outside normal club times will need to pay the normal public track fee. See here for prices.
• A reduced membership fee of £50 is available to those athletes who will never use the facilities at Waterside Drive during club training times. For these members, payment for every use of the facilities outside of club training times must be made at the Xcel centre. See here for prices.
• If you have any questions please ask.